10 May 2007

Bono's Birthday




I know that the date above says I posted this yesterday - but in NZ we get the new day first and I write this at 1-45pm on 10 May. My friend Beck txts me every year on this day to wish a happy Bono's birthday.


He's got a year on me - he arrived on 10 May 1960. Anne's reading Michka Assayas' book Bono on Bono - conversations with Bono. It is full of so many good stories. One story we like is about his friend Guggi. Guggi grew up thinking that any presents he got for his birthday should be shared so he would turn up at Bono's house with half the present. Bono doesn't remember his own birthdays but well remember's Guggi's ones because Guggi taught him how to share.
What a good approach to life - anything we are given we share - the world could be changed with that kind of attitude!

Happy birthday Bono!

No comments: