07 May 2006

The Lounge


I've started a new something-or-other on Sunday nights at Maori Hill Church called the lounge. It is kind of experimental - trying to create a space for people who want a different and additional way of being together outside the usual church format.
One of the useful 'tools' I am using is the Nooma dvd material prepared by Rob Bell. Tonight will be his dvd noise (which is really about silence) followed by a guided meditation led by Neil Churcher giving both insight and experience to those who come as to how to use silence...
Last week I finished with this little poem by Steve Turner...

psalm
not my works but your work
not my perfection but yours
not my grasp but your grip
not my completeness but yours

not my strength but your strength
not my honesty but yours
not my trust but your truth
not my will be done but yours

No comments: