09 November 2009

shingle day


A friend who works in the commercial side of the road building industry made it possible for us to get the stones for the glasshouse... we are very grateful.

The condition was that we had to pick it up this week as he is tied up for a while after that.

No problem... two trips in a hired tandem trailor (able to hold about a tonne of shingle) to the pit did the job. One pile is larger stones, and one pile is smaller ones... the reasons will emerge as the project gets underway.

The stones are stored until needed - I think there is a surplus but there is a hen house to build so the design for that might be altered to use the materials on hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who loves to try new things. Presently I am building my private pv panels. I am doing it all alone without the aid of my staff. I'm using the net as the only path to acheive this. I saw a very awesome website which explains how to make solar panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure bout how correct the information given there iz. If some people over here who had xp with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be awesome and I'd really appreciate it, because I truly take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. You people rock.